Learn about Motorola Moto E 4G LTE 2nd Gen internet connection setup here, learn how to Connecting Motorola Moto E 4G to Wi-Fi and Mobile Network. Internet connection is really the most important part of smartphone. Of course a smartphone can’t be really smart without connection, don’t you think? Related to this fact, it is become very urgent to connect your Motorola Moto E 4G to Wi-Fi and Mobile Network. And here we provide simple steps to help you get connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Networks.
Motorola Moto E 4G Internet Connection Setup
Connect to Wi-Fi
If you want to connect your Motorola Moto E 4G to Wi-Fi, below are the steps to do:
- On the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- When the Apps tray opens, swipe across to locate and tap on the Settings icon.
- In the settings menu, tap the Wi-Fi line.
- Check the switch at the top, and if it’s off, tap it to turn it on.
- Local wireless networks should appear on the page. Locate the name of your network in the list and tap on it.
- Enter the password into the box provided when prompted. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive, so capitalise letters where necessary. Check your typing by ticking the Show password box, then tap Connect.
- If you were successful, the word Connected will appear onscreen underneath the name of the network, and a Wi-Fi symbol will appear on the top line of the display.
Mobile Internet Setup
Mobile Internet is the Moto G’s data connection through Motorola SIM card. When you connect your phone to this connection, you’d be able to get connected wherever you are as long as you are in the covered area of your provider. And if you want to connect your Motorola Moto E 4G to Mobile Internet, do the following steps:
- Tap the Apps icon to open the Apps tray, then swipe across and tap on the Settings icon.
- We need to ensure that Wi-Fi is turned off. Tap Wi-Fi, and turn it off by tapping the switch (if required) before tapping the back arrow to return to the main settings menu.
- We also need to make sure that mobile data is turned on. Tap Data usage, then check the Mobile data switch, tapping it to turn it on (green) if necessary, then go back to the settings menu. Check the top line of the display for a data indicator.
- If you’re still not connected the Moto E 4G may well have the wrong settings, which we will need to check and update. Tap More then on the next screen tap on Mobile networks.
- To open the settings, tap Access Point Names. APNs are the settings that connect your mobile phone to the internet through the SIM card. The active setting will have a green dot against it. Check this is the correct network, as having the wrong network settings are in your phone means they won’t work. If none of them are active, tap the circle on the correct line for your network to activate the setting, then check for a data indicator on the top line of the screen.
- If your specific network settings are not shown then you may be able to import them from the SIM card. Tap the menu icon at the top right of the screen (3 dots) then tap Reset to default. You may be asked to pick your network from a list when this completes.
- Check the screen again to make sure the correct network is active (with the green dot) then check for a data indicator.
If you are connected to Mobile Internet, you’ll see 4G, H, 3G, E or G indicator next to the signal strength indicator. If you don’t see one of these indicator or having a connection issue, probably you need to enter the settings manually.